Call management features are a set of tools and functionalities that help businesses manage their phone calls more effectively. These features are commonly found in modern phone systems, including both traditional landline and VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) systems, and can help businesses streamline their communication and improve customer service. Some common call management features include:
- 1. Call forwarding: This feature allows incoming calls to be automatically forwarded to another phone number or extension, such as a mobile phone or a colleague's phone, ensuring that important calls are always answered.
- 2. Call waiting: This feature alerts the user of an incoming call while they are already on a call, allowing them to switch between the two calls or put the first call on hold.
- 3. Caller ID: This feature displays the caller's phone number or name on the recipient's phone or caller ID screen, allowing the user to identify who is calling before answering the call.
- 4. Call blocking: This feature allows users to block calls from specific numbers or area codes, helping to reduce unwanted or spam calls.
- 5. Auto-attendant: This feature uses a recorded message and a menu system to route incoming calls to the appropriate destination, such as a specific department or an employee's extension.
- 6. Interactive voice response (IVR): This feature allows callers to interact with a pre-recorded menu system to access specific information or perform certain actions, such as checking their account balance or scheduling an appointment.
- 7. Voicemail: This feature allows callers to leave a voice message when the recipient is unavailable or does not answer the phone.
- 8. Voicemail-to-Email: This feature converts voicemail messages into digital audio files and sends them to the user's email address, allowing them to listen to messages on their computer or mobile device.
- 9. Call Recording: This feature allows calls to be recorded for training, quality assurance, or compliance purposes.
- 10. Conference Calling: This feature allows multiple people to participate in a call, enabling collaboration and group discussions.
You May also Like
What is Automatic Call Distribution (ACD)? Complete Guide to ACD
Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) is a telephony system that automatically routes incoming calls to the most appropriate agent or department within an organization. It is commonly usedRead More
What Is a Cloud Contact Center: Benefits & How It Works
In today's digital age, businesses are constantly seeking innovative solutions to enhance customer service and streamline communication channels. One such solution gaining widespread popularity is the cloudRead More
Growing Your Small Business with a Cloud Phone System in 2023: Benefits and Best Practices
As a small business owner, you're always looking for ways to streamline operations, increase productivity, and boost profits. One technology that can help you achieve these goalsRead More
We’re Here To Help 24 / 7
Give us a call at 800-839-3817
Get A Free Quote!
One solution for business phone service, voip phones, SMS, and call center platform.Download PDF