VoIP is the revolution within the telecommunications industry. It beats out traditional telephone lines in every area to such an extent many businesses are no longer using older phone systems at all.
VoIP is the telecommunications system changing the way businesses operate worldwide. All companies need to know what VoIP providers can do for them and why they should consider switching to this technology.
What is VoIP?
VoIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol.
Instead of using a traditional phone line to communicate, data packages are sent over the IP network itself. In other words, you can use your Internet connection alone to make phone calls to both traditional phone outlets, other VoIP users, and mobile devices.
The fact VoIP uses an Internet connection means you can use VoIP from anywhere and your number isn’t tied to a specific location.
Why You Should Be Searching for a VoIP Provider
There are a range of benefits businesses can reap from investing in a brand-new VoIP system.
Lower Prices – It’s often free to make domestic calls and international calls are heavily discounted. You’ll soon make back the money you invested in your VoIP service.
More Flexibility – Make calls from anywhere where there’s an Internet connection. You can use the same number from your desktop or mobile device, so you don’t need to be out of the office when you’re on the go.
Great Features – VoIP comes with features you would need to pay large amounts of money for if you got them from a classic landline provider. These include call forwarding, call transcripts, SMS and automated waiting.
Conference Calling – Conference calling is possible through a traditional landline provider, but it usually costs extra. This isn’t the case with VoIP providers. Conference calling is nearly always included in the base package, so you can make conference calls quickly and easily.
Simple Scaling – Scaling an old-style phone network is costly and time consuming. VoIP can be scaled according to your needs without the need to lay down additional cables or moving to a new location. And it can be scaled both ways.
What the Best VoIP Providers Offer
There are hundreds of VoIP providers operating on both a nationwide and local level. They each offer high-quality services, but you need to know what to look for.
Let’s take a look at what the best VoIP providers offer.
- Complete Telecommunications System in a Single Package- Every business has different needs. VoIP providers are there to give you the complete package, so you can install the features you need without changing systems. You only need to pay for the features you’re actually going to use, which is not the case with conventional telephone lines, where you’re forced into a certain type of package.
- Enhanced Mobility- Whether it’s a call, a text, or a fax, you need a system that can automatically route any incoming communications to your device(s) of choice. Call forwarding is the minimum standard and you should demand it with every type of VoIP package on the market.
- Simplified Setup- Depending on which VoIP provider you use, you may receive on-site installation/training, or you may be responsible for this yourself. Many national providers are unable to offer on-site services, but local providers can. When you purchase a new VoIP system you should expect to be up and running within a matter of hours.
- No Hardware Involved- One of the great advantages of VoIP in the modern era is there’s no hardware involved. You don’t need to wait for any specialized equipment to arrive from a vendor. You won’t have to take into account any type of hardware as installation can be done on the Internet. Many VoIP providers even offer central dashboards, so you can add and remove extensions at the click of a button.
- Exceptional Customer Service- Like with anything in the world of tech, things can and will go wrong. You want to make sure you get the problem resolved as soon as you possibly can. Search for a VoIP provider known for its customer service. They should be available at any hour of the day or night, and you should be speaking to someone who works for the company – not some outsourced agent.
Why You Need an Innovative Communications Hub in the Middle of Your Office
Don’t just look at VoIP as an opportunity to make cheap calls. VoIP is a total communications hub for your business. It can revolutionize the way you communicate with clients.That’s why you should expect an innovative communications hub from any VoIP provider you team up with. You should be able to make alterations to your system at the click of a button. Make sure that when you choose a VoIP provider you observe their dashboard and what you can do from it on the go.